Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OK...I'm back

Whew...what a couple of months it's been.  I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to try and start a blog right before giving birth to my 4th baby.  But, she's now reached the 6 month mark and she does let me do things w/o her sitting on my lap occasionally.  So, here I am, writing what I can.  My older children are running around and around inside the house (sometimes, I think this house isn't big enough).  The thing I will have to stuggle with this summer, I think, is letting the older ones go outside by themselves and whether or not the 2.5 yr old can go out with them...because, there is no way I can be outside all day long with him and take care of the baby and do the dishes and the laundry and the cleaning, yadda yadda yadda. 
And why is it that we are still in a world where the woman must do all of the above...including the scheduling, gift giving (buying), card making and sending, planning b-days, etc.  Do men think about these things??  Do men think, hey, my wife works just as hard as I do (even though she's at home) so I'm gonna pitch in tonight and do some dishes...Well, I know mine doesn't...does yours??  Just because we stay home, doesn't mean we don't work.  We all work hard.  And, I did work full time after the first kid (ok, that was 8 years ago) but I still had to do the same old 'female' jobs.  Isn't marriage and parenting supposed to be team work??  So, I'm gonna have to figure out how to get my husband on board and work as a team, right??
OK than...
Am going to try and write daily:)
Sincerely, Honest Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Yay so glad to see you here! I encourage u to blog...I have some great blog buttons you might want to check out...always have giveaways etc..

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. My husband doesn't do any of that crap either. Although one night before bed, I couldn't bring myself to tackle the mountain of dishes in the sink and said in my most pitiful voice "Man I hope some elves come and load the dishwasher for me." He apparently heard this and in the morning he had left for work, but I found a shining, empty sink. I sent him a text saying "They came! They came! The elves came! Please thank them for me." And consequently, he got lucky that night.

    Hey, if I believe in rewarding my kids for cleaning up with candy and treats, it should translate to the oldest child in the house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruthie...you are hysterical!! Thanks for reading and responding...I know it's not just me than:)

    ReplyDelete