Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthdays and a Snow Storm...

Whew...long weekend but a much needed break in there!!

Did my first b-day party at the preschool (I've been training to do them).  And, it just so happened that it was also my birthday!!  So, I got to host a princess tea party for a beautiful 5 yr old!!  Had fun and will totally be able to do them.  Now, to just fit them into my schedule..lol

I also got a huge snowstorm for my birthday.  Geez, I really don't like winter and snow and ice and sleet and all that crap.  I hate the cold...and boy is it cold out there!!  I'm really not ready for it.  But, on the plus side, we had a major break in rehearsals and rehearsals and rehearsals and some work.  I got to spend more time with my mom while she was here and was able to clean a small part of the house!!  I was also able to make cookies with the kids and decorate them...something I wanted to do for Halloween but I didn't know how I was going to manage it.  Turns out the snowstorm made that happen.  And so, while I am praying for all my friends and neighbors with no power I am also happy to have had the extra time this weekend!!  My mother (yes, my mother, not my husband) made me a birthday dinner and it was YUM!!  I do love a good steak and baked potato:)  Speaking of good old hubby...I didn't even get a card from him nor did I get any home-made cards from the kids.  You know, the stuff I make sure he gets.  Does this mean I don't have to worry about that stuff when his bday rolls around or is this part of 2 wrongs don't make a right??  Not really disappointed that I didn't get cake b/c I enjoyed the whole cookie thing better and I got to try out some of my new molds...but, an effort from hubby might have helped???


This snowstorm really pissed me off too.  As I shoveled out the cars and got all the snow off them, I stewed with resentment towards hubby.  He can be so infuriating sometimes.  Thank goodness rehearsal didn't happen and I didn't have to go in to work yesterday b/c there was no way I could have gotten the rest of the driveway cleared.  Hubby, in the midst of an allergy attack, decided that the rest of the driveway didn't need to be cleared b/c it was going to be melted in a few days anyway.  Nevermind the wetness that creates ice and the fact that I have people driving onto our driveway to drop off babies.  And what pisses me off more is the fact that he tells me I never help with this stuff!!  More times than not I am out there shoveling something or hacking away at the ice.  And so, this is the start of me keeping track of all the times I do go out there and help!!  You read it here first:)



Snowstorm makes for a very cold Halloween...brrrrrrrrrrrr... next post is all about Halloween:)

On a positive hubby note- he did make sandwiches for school tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment