Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ireland or bust...

In less than 24 hours I will be on a plane somewhere over the ocean on the way to Ireland!!  Yippee.

I can't believe it's here already...I can't believe I'm going either!!  The last time I went to Ireland, we all went (hubby, DJ and Kyra...Max was in utero) and it was for my father's 1 year Memorial Service.  And now I'm going for his widow's wedding.  Strange, right??  Lots of emotions will come out this week.  You see, my dad and I didn't really know each other very well until towards the end and even then I feel like I wanted more. I didn't go to his wedding when he got married in Ireland...was too young I guess??  Who knows.  I feel closer to her now than when my dad was alive and so it feels kinda natural to go out there.  Perhaps it's b/c I feel like I can get to know him better through her??  And now she's marrying someone else.  I'm very happy for her.  I know how much she loved my dad and I know how much it has taken for her to get to this point...and I am truly very happy for her.  I can't wait to see everyone over in Ireland.  I'm sure there will be lots of fun, some tears, and some good 'ol Irish food/drink!!

And what a week it's been leading up to it and how much of my ToDo list did I actually get done???  ha ha ha

Some things I'm gonna miss while away:  my other kids of course, facebook updates (ha ha ha), facebook games (what am I gonna do...think I'll go through withdrawal...), bus stop chats, and I think I might even miss hubby...lol, Max's kisses and hugs (3 times b/c he's 3), preschool orientation, Kyra's outfit of the day, DJ's outfit of the day (you know, the plaid shorts w/the striped shirts...), my glass of wine, my bed... oh, wait, I don't sleep there anymore...think I might actually miss this couch...blogging and reading everyone else's crap (smile)

Things I won't miss: attitudes, homework, dishes (although, I will still do these over there but they aren't mine), cooking, laundry, cleaning, driving, after school crap, sibling rivalry, whining, talking to walls


Franny will turn 1 while I'm there...got a onesie for her to wear and a frilly dress:)

Getting packed- it was pretty crazy trying to figure this one out.  Went and bought a new suitcase that would be big enough for all of our stuff.  Filled it and it was 8.7 pounds overweight.  Now, the airline charges 75 bucks for all suitcases weighing 51-70 pounds.  BUT- if I have a 2nd suitcase (one that I could also fill to 50 pounds), they will only charge me 60 bucks as long as I check it in before I get to airport.  Um, that's 100 pounds of luggage and is cheaper...go figure!!  It was an adventure getting that all settled between weighing them and Franny 'helping' me...ha ha

Things I'm nervous about- flying in general, flying with Franny, being stuck in a seat with not a lot of room and Franny on my lap...Franny crying instead of sleeping, carrying all my stuff along with her, being searched at security (would they think anything of it if this happened and I asked someone to take a picture of it happening...lol), hanging out in the airport with just us and having to manage Franny and our bags, lost luggage, etc.     Geez, you'd think I wasn't a mother of 4 thinking of all these things... I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous/anxious and stuff.

So, hopefully I will be able to check-in and write a couple entries...but am not sure if I will.  I am not taking a computer with me and I don't know who has one over there.  But, we will see!!

Hope you all have a great week and I will have some pics and lots of stuff when I get back:)

Good hubby:  Wow, he is going to be home with 3 kids for a whole week...what husband does that??  MINE!!!  even though I did write up a manual and time schedule for him, he is gonna do it.
What makes me happy: SUNSHINE   too bad we don't have any and too bad it isn't sunny in Ireland:(  ha ha
yup...I could do that during a past trip there...wonder if I can still jump on this thing w/o peeing my pants..lol

last trip there...prego w/Max

1 comment:

  1. praying for safe travels and returns....we will miss ya...Happy Early Birthday to Franny while you are there!

    ReplyDelete