Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Monday, November 28, 2011

Four Day Weekend...or NOT..

I know most of the world had the pleasure of having a great 4 day weekend over Thanksgiving break.  And I naively thought I had one too... ha ha ha... not so much.  I had so many things to get done not realizing that I actually didn't even get 1 of those days 'off'.  And so, nothing got done and Franny's crib is still full of crap and so we didn't actually get her in there.  Boo!!

Here's how my 4-day weekend went down (this is after baking several pies/cheesecakes and rice pudding for sale):
Thursday (Thanksgiving)- well, that just says it all.  When you are cooking and 'hosting', you don't really get much of anything else done.  It was a GREAT day and I'm glad we were able to do it and spend the day with the MIL and her sister... but... would've been great to just get stuff done around here, you know??

Friday- had Baby J until about 1ish and then I really did do nothing (after being able to eat leftovers for lunch) for about an hour.  Got kids ready for their sleepover and headed out to Walmart on a bin hunt for our china.  Got some xmas presents and some baking ingredients too.  By the time we got back home, it was too late to really get things going in Franny/Kyra's rooms and Max had to go to bed... And Franny just didn't want to go to sleep... she is NOT fun when she's overtired and doesn't go to sleep!!

Saturday- mad dash to make cupcakes for my niece's b-day party that I was also working for.  She was having it at the place I do the birthday party hosting side job.  Also mad dash to get he 1/2 sheet cake baked and the buttercream made so I would just have to put it all together.  After niece's party, went to a bonfire at a good friends house.  Great weather and good times.  Though, had a bit too much wine or something... it seemed to affect me way too much that night (almost felt like I was back in college... think slurred speech, dizzyness, and basically passing out after drinking a TALL glass of water... YUCK)

Sunday- mad dash to put 1/2 sheet cake together, get Kyra to Nutcracker rehearsal and go to work at the library followed by my own Nutcracker rehearsal.  Didn't get home until after 7:30.  Yeah, not getting up to the room that night either!!

And so, aside from Thanksgiving, I basically worked every day over this weekend.  And not just at 1 job but 4 of them... geez... that was a LONG weekend and I'm even more tired!!

On a positive note- Nutcracker is in 2 weeks and that will be OVER!!!  As much as I love doing it and that I love that my kids love it, I will be so glad when it's all over.

New Goal- put Franny in the crib during xmas break.  go on, laugh, I know you want to... I'm a sucker and I know it.  She knows it too!!  I'm gonna need A LOT of wine that week:)

I also know that you all think I'm crazy b/c I want to start a Blog about the trials and tribulations of baking... but I think I've narrowed it down to 2 Cookbooks to go through.
The Dorie Greenspan Baking http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=dorie+greenspan+baking&hl=en&prmd=imvnsoe&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1224&bih=688&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4833208600077065188&sa=X&ei=AWjUTq3aIcHj0QHN8JDaAQ&ved=0CGMQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers
or the
 CIA Pastry and Baking.  http://www.amazon.com/Baking-Pastry-Mastering-Art-Craft/dp/0471443824/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322543300&sr=1-2

Anyone care to comment???  What would interest you more??

Also...still thinking about what to call the Blog...
Wanna be Baker
Trial and Error Baker
Bake my Mistakes
Bake (and mistake) with Me
Stay at Home Baker

Please feel free to shout out anything that comes to mind.  Maybe I'll have some 'give aways' with the outcomes...

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment