Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chocolate Bark Recipe...

1 pound of chocolate (I used semi-sweet b/c that's what I had)
1 cup crushed candy canes (I used the red/white peppermint)
1 cup mini marshmallows

-Lay aluminum foil into a large pan (shiny side up).. I used a 13x9 but you could go bigger for thinner bark
-Melt 3/4 of the chocolate in the microwave (or you can use double boiler method)
          heat at 50% for 2 minutes... stir ... continue heating at 50% for 1 minute at a time stirring in between
-Once chocolate is melted, add remaining chips and continue to stir until shiny and smooth
-Pour melted chocolate onto prepared pan
-Sprinkle crushed candy canes and marshmallows all over chocolate
-Allow to cool and harden (you can put in fridge to speed up this process)
-Break into pieces and enjoy!!


The original recipe I found used white chocolate.  Because I didn't have enough white chocolate, I went with the semi-sweet chips I had.  In the end, I did melt the little bit of white chocolate I had and drizzled it all over the chocolate after the candy canes and marshmallows.

You can totally change it up and add/take away things.  I'm thinking I might try the white chocolate with the green/white candy canes next.  Add nuts if you like them.  Use Andes Mint Candies... or, I just found a bag of Ghiradelli white/red peppermint chocolate pieces.  The great thing about this recipe is that it's super easy and super changeable!!

Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment