Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Dirty Dozen... years, that is:)

Wowza... Can you believe it's been 12 years since I vowed to love, honor and cherish my hubby until death do us part???  I know I can't... 12 years... Awesome, don't you think???

Thinking back on the last 12 years, I have to admit that there were some ups and some downs.  We've come so far in our relationship...especially this past year.  If you recall, last year, I pretty much was fed up with  hubby.  BUT... together, we communicated (big thing in relationships..trust me), hashed things out, and moved forward.  Marriage isn't easy...we are constantly changing, growing and adjusting.  So far, we've been able do this together.  And I see us continuing to grow, fight, adjust, love and move forward for the rest of our lives..

I know I've been known to complain, and even bash, hubby.  But, I am his wife and it's my right, isn't it??  When you live with someone for so long, there are bound to be things that get on your nerves.  And as his wife, I should warn you that no one else is allowed any negative thoughts towards him or I will kick your A$$.. lol..

But, alas, I wanted to let you all know what a lucky woman I am to have him in my life...and how lucky my children are to have him as their dad!!  So, here are the TOP 10 things my hubby does that I'm pretty sure not many other men would do or do do (hee hee.. I said do do)...ready, here goes:

1. He goes grocery shopping with 4 kids in tow on weekends while I am working

2. He will help me color icings for my cookies and can even outline and flood them...oh, and recently he 'glued' edible images to cookies while I was bartending so I wouldn't be up all night long..

3. He will give baths/showers to the kids if I am not home and I ask (although he may complain a bit, he does it)

4. He doesn't complain about his dinner...even if it's over-cooked, left-overs, or just plain shitty... he sits and eats it w/o complaint

5. If I leave a list, he does everything on it... (I just have to remember to leave a list otherwise I get annoyed he doesn't do anything I think he should do...lists...they are important)

6. He lets me sleep a bit longer in the morning and will get the kids up for school AND will make their lunches AND will make the coffee!!!

7. He gets up with any kid in the middle of the night...b/c that was the deal after I spent so many nights up with them nursing and stuff when they were babies... Trust me when I say, he's got the good end of this deal:)

8. He does dishes...not everyday... but every once in awhile...even without it on the list:)  Oh, and he will fold laundry...especially after it's been sitting in baskets for more than a week in our living room (laundry is NOT my forte...)

9. HE LOVES HIS KIDS!!  And, they, of course, love him... some days, he is all they want!!

10. HE LOVES ME!!  And I know he would do anything for me..

So, with that being said..I will always love him.  No matter how frustrated I get, I know that together we make an awesome team!!


1 comment: